Damn Yak Dry Goods Wool & Canvas Possibles Pouch:
A while ago Chris from DamnYak featured his handcrafted pouch. A conversation went back an forth, be-cause I thought the shipping fees would be much to high to get this item to Germany. However Chris calculated and I could not say no. The final price of around 30 Euros incl. shipping was by far not too much.
This post is actually waiting for too long, so its images were not shoot in good light conditions and I have to get used to the new camera. But I had the need to finally say thank you Chris. Ok when I got it, it took me a while to actually figure out the best use for it. And “TaTa” it will serve as my new and bigger “grab and you got everything you need pouch” when I´m going outdoors. The basic stuff and some extra stuff which are easily forgotten if you have them not bundled well together.
From the top left:
- Earplugs (a must, against snoring guys in the mountain huts”)
- a nose flute (always fun to let people figure out how to play it)
- tooth silk (freaks me out to have some jerky between the teeth)
- energy snack
- spare laces for the boots
- Petzl LED light (you never can have enough of them)
- sugar, salt and pepper (tomatoes taste just so much better if you bring it with you)
- mouth drum
- film box, to store the salt and pepper stuff
- fishing line and hooks
- Leatherman tool
- a stainless flask with brandy for the campfire or the cheer someone
- Compeed blister pflaster (never needed it so far, with good boots)
- a candle
- wire to fix heavy duty equipment or to build traps
- tissues ? what for … hmm
- rescue blanket
- fritz the monster - my buddy !
- tobacco and papers (I usually don´t smoke but after a long hike, I have to)
Everything fits in the pouch – nearly. The Petzl and the flask/Flachmann are better kept closer. This is just the raw version for the first trip with a more spacious bag, I guess some stuff will be removed and others will move in. Again thanks, the pouch could´t be more stylish for this use.