Snowshoe hiking – soon!
Snow is there and a long weekend, let´s see how it is up there. These images are from an unforgettable trip 2 years ago, just before christmas me and 3 friends decided to hike up to the Heilbronner Hütte.
It all looks so nice but the last 3 hours walking at about 1800m to 2500m in about -25 are missing. Just one word, 10m before the hut I took a break for some minutes to walk the rest.
The weather the other day was amazing, a great trip to remember be-cause all went well after all.
Some basic advice:
- check the weather forecast!
- be early (6pm it´s dark)
- stuff fluids close to the body if -25 or lower
- food has to be prepared and ready to eat even with gloves on (no brotzeit syle)
- above 2000m weather can always turn bad
- make sure everybody has got a good sleeping bag to survive outside at these temp.