Today I found a sailing magazine lying around with some Sailors Superstitions and found some great stuff inside, most I didn´t know yet.
For good luck:
– A figurehead in form of a naked woman
– The first drink goes windward (Luv) to Rasmus the god of the sea
– To spit in the ocean before you sail
– Pouring wine on deck before sailing will also bring good luck
– Tattoos and piercing are said to ward off evil spirits
– scratch on the mast – to bring wind
– Starting a ship journey on a Friday
– enter the ship with the left foot
– change the name of a boat
– cutting nails or hair on a boat
– rabbits, even talking about rabbits onboard
Please add some stuff if you know by commenting!