No time for hiking recently, but a short walk in the countryside in the woods is always possible and worth it. Some nice colored leaves, the always so green moss, a corncob left behind, the panorama of the alps or the flight/landing of the bees.
Snowshoe hiking – soon!
Snow is there and a long weekend, let´s see how it is up there. These images are from an unforgettable trip 2 years ago, just before christmas me and 3 friends decided to hike up to the Heilbronner Hütte.
It all looks so nice but the last 3 hours walking at about 1800m to 2500m in about -25 are missing. Just one word, 10m before the hut I took a break for some minutes to walk the rest.
The weather the other day was amazing, a great trip to remember be-cause all went well after all.
Some basic advice:
– check the weather forecast!
– be early (6pm it´s dark)
– stuff fluids close to the body if -25 or lower
– food has to be prepared and ready to eat even with gloves on (no brotzeit syle)
– above 2000m weather can always turn bad
– make sure everybody has got a good sleeping bag to survive outside at these temp.
Mountain panorama this morning:
What a great panorama view on my way cycling to work. The water in front is the lake of constance (Bodensee), behind the newly snow covered alps and the big one is the Säntis. I better hurry up to make some more hiking trips this autumn or snow shoes are the other option.